We want everyone we work with to feel confident and comfortable with how any personal information you share with us will be looked after or used.
Think Active (currently part of Coventry City Council) processes information, including personal data about participants involved in our programmes. We recognise that this information is important to participants and that we have a responsibility regarding the information we hold. As such, we take seriously our responsibilities to ensure that any personal information we collect and use is done so proportionately, correctly and safely.
The Data Protection Act 2018 and General Data Protection Regulations sets out rules for processing personal information which Think Active has to keep to when using your personal information.
- Processed lawfully, fairly and in a transparent manner
- Collected for specified, explicit and legitimate purposes and not further processed in a manner that is incompatible with those purposes
- Adequate, relevant and limited to what is necessary in relation to the purposes for which they are processed
- Accurate and where necessary kept up to date
- Kept for no longer than necessary for the purposes for which the personal data are processed
- Processed in a manner that ensures appropriate security of the personal data.
Coventry City Council are still required to have a registration with the Information Commissioner regarding the types of personal information it processes and the purposes it is used for and who we share it with.
Coventry City Council’s Data Protection Policy outlines our approach to compliance with the Act.