Seated & Lower Intensity Activities
Active at Home
This booklet has been designed to help older people and those who are shielding to be physically active and healthy at home.
If you are able to support with the distribution of booklets please click here to complete an online form with your organisations details and the quantity of booklets you feel you could distribute. The booklets will then be delivered to the address specified.
For online videos of the movements in Active at Home booklet visit:
We Are Undefeatable
This leaflet aims to inspire people to be active in their homes, including a pull-out practical guide with a range of inclusive, illustrated exercises.
Five in Five resource
Customisable mini workout to build activity into your day. You choose 5 exercises and complete each one for 1 minute totally a 5 minute workout.
To view the resource visit: https://weareundefeatable.co.uk/ways-to-move/five-in-five
The Body Coach TV
- Free short workout videos including:
- Home workout for seniors
- Chair workout for seniors and many more
- Easy to follow, audio 10-minute daily home workouts to help older people stay active. Available on demand through BBC Sounds and broadcast live on BBC Radio 5 Live Sports Extra
Love to Move
- Is an age & dementia friendly seated exercise programme.
- Uses specifically designed coordination & bilaterally asymmetrical movement patterns, which are thought to positively impact a person’s cognitive reserve.
- People are invited to buddy-up (virtually) with a friend, family member or colleague and support each other to do 26 minutes of exercise a day.
- It can be any activity and it’s not competitive. It’s not about how far or how fast, just that people do their 26 minutes and help their mayathon buddy to do theirs.
- People download the free app from the usual app stores and then invite a friend or family member or work colleague to join as their mayathon buddy. Once they do this, the two mayathon accounts are linked together
Move it or Lose it
Move it or Loose it offer Live facebook workouts at 2.30pm on weekdays. The sessions are aimed specifically for older people or those with mobilities problems and can even be done sitting down.