Outdoor Physical Activities
Couch to 5K
- Smartphone Ap or podcast
- 9-week programme designed for beginners to gradually build up their running ability so they can eventually run 5km without stopping.
- Download the Ap from iTunes or Google Play
- Additional resources have been added as a way of becoming physically active whilst maintaining social distancing measures
- The Active 10 app, from the NHS, is a great way to help you monitor and gradually increase your brisk walking levels over time
- Free Active 10 walker tracker app
The Make Your Day Harder campaign focuses on those daily tweaks and nudges that you build into your routine to increase your physical activity around individuals’ lifestyles. http://www.makeyourdayharder.com/about/
The We Are Undefeatable campaign inspires and supports people with long-term health conditions to get active. Like, follow and subscribe to the We Are Undefeatable campaign on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram or visit https://www.weareundefeatable.co.uk/ to read inspiring stories and get hints and tips on being active.
Walk4Life is a useful site for the UK with a simple search map to look for walks anywhere in the UK. Individuals who sign up can put their own walks on and monitor their own fitness. https://walk4life.info/whats-widget/
Fitter Futures Warwickshire offers a Physical Activity on Referral service (previously called Exercise on Referral) across Warwickshire. This service offers a 12-week personalised physical activity/healthy lifestyle programme delivered by exercise referral qualified fitness instructors. For more details visit https://www.warwickshire.gov.uk/fitterfuturesphysicalact