Think Active have been awarded National Lottery funding to support clubs, groups, and organisations from across Coventry, Solihull and Warwickshire to help people get active in their local community, streets, and parks. The funding has been awarded through Sport England as part of a legacy from this summer’s Commonwealth Games in Birmingham
Grants of between £100 – £2,500 available, closing date is Monday 6th June 2022, please read the guidance below before applying
The objective of the fund is to:
Bring people together – This fund will celebrate through sport and physical activity commonwealth culture and cultural diversity.
Improve health and wellbeing – This fund encourages applications that enable people to be more active. We particularly welcome applications which tackle inequalities and enable those who are currently least active to be more active.
Help the region to grow and succeed – This fund will support projects that focus on volunteering and workforce development in sport or physical activity.
The project should seek to achieve at least one of the objectives above
Who can benefit from the fund?
Projects should be aimed at people living in Coventry, Solihull and/or Warwickshire and should prioritise one or more of the following:
• People with long term health conditions
• Disabled People
• Lower socio-economic groups
• Culturally diverse communities
• Children and Young people less than 24 years old
• Women and girls
• LGBTQ +groups
• Migrant communities
We are interested in working with other groups, but will need to understand your needs and the details of the project.
How much will the award be?
Awards are from £100 up to £2,500.
You are still eligible if you have already applied for other funds from Think Active and/or Sport England however, you must be able to demonstrate how your project is different too or builds upon any previous Think Active/Sport England funding you have received previously.
When can you apply?
We are launching an initial round which will close on Monday 6th June 2022.
Future rounds may open dependent on demand/funding available.
When does the project need to be delivered?
Projects are to be delivered from now up until end of March 2023.
Who can Apply?
Your organisation can apply if you are a:
• Formally constituted club, association, charity, or trust
• Informal club or group without a constitution
• Registered Community Amateur Sports Club CASC
• Registered Charity including Charitable Incorporated Organisation – CIO
• Education – school or college
• Local Authority
• Limited company not for profit including a Community Interest Company – CIC
We particularly welcome applications from community groups and organisations who work with the groups we are trying to target, even if you have never delivered a sport physical activity or exercise project before.
What can the grant pay for?
Any activities which encourage people to be active will be considered. This can range from traditional sports through to lower intensity exercise. We welcome new or innovative ideas which are based on the needs of your community.
Examples of the type of items the grant can be used to fund are as follows. This is not an exhaustive list and what we fund may vary depending on the organisation and project:
• Equipment Hire / Purchase
• Coaches Fees / Expenses
• Hire of Facilities
• Promotion / Publicity
• Staff Costs / Volunteer expenses
• Transport / Travel
• Workforce qualification / training
What we can’t fund
We can’t fund the following:
• Capital works
• Items which only benefit an individual
• The continuation of a project or a project that has taken place before
• Projects that take place or incur costs before the date of the offer letter. This includes any form of deposits and costs associated in submitting the application
• Projects involving travel to another country
• Sponsorship, endowments or loan repayments
• Activities promoting religious or political beliefs
If you want any support with completing the application or you would like to discuss your idea then please contact us on firstname.lastname@example.org
What happens next?
Someone from the team may be in touch to discuss your application with you, and ask any additional information if necessary.
The project will go to a local panel for consideration.
The final decision on successful applications will made by Sport England.
We expect to be able to provide you with a response within 6 weeks.
If you’re successful
If you’re successful, you’ll receive an award agreement that states the purpose of the award and contains our terms and conditions.