We appreciate returning to school has been difficult, making sure government guidelines are being adhered to as well as teaching the curriculum at the same time as catching up on time lost since lockdown started.
Below are links to various guidance and resources supporting with adherence to guidelines especially during PE lessons as well as supporting the wellbeing of children and young people through the use of physical activity.
- Guidance for parents and carers of children attending out of school settings during Covid
- Guidance for full opening of schools with a specific and updated section of PE, school sport and PA
- FE Guidance on re-opening which includes training providers/learning
- Updated Covid-19 Guidance: Interpreting the Government Guidance in a PESSPA context
- Guidance for the safe use of multi-purpose community facilities
- Guidance for wraparound provision and extra-curricular activity
- Guidance for protective measures for holiday and after-school clubs, and other out of school settings
- Guidance for Further Education (FE) colleges and providers
- Guidance for managing playgrounds and outdoor gyms
Department for Education- Physically Active Schools Resources
Youth Sport Trust
Guidance & Resources
Youth Sport Trust have created a covid support page, to view click here
All about autism, all about me is a free guide is designed to be a practical toolkit, building upon knowledge of autism and some of the key considerations for making PE and sport inclusive to all.
Well Schools is a growing community of like-minded people who believe that wellbeing should be at the heart of education. Wellbeing should permeate all aspects of education and be the foundation of the culture that staff and pupils experience.
AfPE have released there COVID-19: afPECurriculum and Extra Physical Education Covid-19 Statement in response to recent guidance from gov.uk which has raised many questions for workforce colleagues.
Governors for Schools
Wellbeing Governors is a new campaign to support the health and wellbeing of children and young people.