Confident, Capable, Inspirational People
Statement of intent
We believe in more than the traditional ‘workforce’. Influencing someone to become, return to or increase their levels of physical activity can be influenced and affected (both positively and negatively) and is hugely dependent on the people you come into contact with, seeing people like me being active.
We want confident, capable, inspirational people working for and with Think Active and we want to support the development of these people in all roles across the network so that we have positive influencers and advocates, so that we and the wider network can confidently advocate sport and physical activity and so that we are supporting and developing the capabilities both in our team and across the sport and physical activity network.
We define our role around confident, capable, inspirational people in the 3 points below:
- Identify develop and support local people to positively engage and influence others to become more active
- Support the development of skills, competencies and confidence in local people
- Influence and support the professional workforce to advocate physical activity within their sector
We will achieve this by:
- Delivery of #WeThinkActive Workshops
- Development of Community Sport and Physical Activity Clubs and Groups Offer
- Training/development of Think Active Team
- Delivery/Development of Active Chats training
- Delivery of Social Prescribing Training