Active Chats is a weekly friendly telephone or virtual conversation between a trained telephone befriender and someone who is currently lonely, isolated or shielding. The aim of the call is for a chat and to use the ‘Active at Home’ leaflet to start a conversation about the benefits of being active, providing support and advice, and an opportunity to provide some gentle seated exercises.
This page is aimed at those who have been trained to deliver Active Chats. It provides links to all the resources referred to in the training.
For further information on Active Chats please email email@example.com and a member of the team will get in contact with you.
Resources to have to hand for the Active Chat
- Active at Home Booklet
- Active Chats Delivery Presentation
- Common concerns about being Active
- The exercises videos to remind you how to explain the exercises
- Active Chats Monitoring & Evaluation Questions
Additional Resources (Slide 25)
- Top tips to prevent falls & trips leaflet
- Breathlessness information sheet
- Post-viral fatigue handout
- Chartered Society of Physiotherapy Home Exercises
- Solihull Active- Older people opportunities
- NHS Your Covid Recovery: https://www.yourcovidrecovery.nhs.uk/
- Moving Medicine website: https://movingmedicine.ac.uk/
Other ideas for exercises, follow on activity ideas (Slide 22):
Love to Move
10 alternative seated exercises from Love to Move which are particularly useful for those living with Dementia. For more information visit https://www.thinkactive.org/health/love-to-move/
* Love to Move exercise videos coming soon!*
Five in Five
Customisable mini workout, simply choose 5 exercises from the list and do one for 1 minute adding up to a 5 minute workout.
To view the resource visit: https://weareundefeatable.co.uk/ways-to-move/five-in-five
We Are Undefeatable
The Ways to Move section of the We Are Undefeatable website has lots of ideas for getting active to suit you and how you are feeling. Visit https://weareundefeatable.co.uk/ways-to-move
Other seated & lower intensity exercises can be found here: Seated & Lower Intensity Activities