Think Active Safeguarding
Statement of intent
Think Active is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare, both physical and emotional, of every child and adult at risk, who participates in activities either directly organised by Think Active or through a third party working collaboratively with us.
Think Active will ensure best practice that upholds the Advanced Standards in Safeguarding. The purpose of the standards are:
- To help create a safe sporting environment for children and young people and protect them from harm.
- To provide a benchmark to assist those involved in sport to make informed decisions.
- To promote good practice and challenge practice that is harmful to children.
We maintain these standards by:
- Meeting the requirements of the Standards for Safeguarding and Protecting Children in Sport (CPSU)
- Implementing and demonstrating best safeguarding practice when core staff, volunteers and others are providing services, activities and programmes for children and young people
- Working with partners to influence, establish and implement agreed, consistent minimum safeguarding standards for sport and physical activity sessions locally
- Requiring those individuals or organisations that are funded or commissioned to provide any service for children and young people to effectively address safeguarding requirements
- Maximise our influence to promote safeguarding practice and principles within its wider partnership roles and relationships
We are required by Sport England to maintain safeguarding standards and are appraised annually and externally by Child Protection in Sport Unit.
Think Active Safeguarding Policies
Adult Safeguarding policy _ under review
We work with and through partners to signpost local clubs, groups and individuals to safeguarding training.
Ultimately we all want to ensure safe and enjoyable environments for everyone to deliver, teach, coach, play and participate in sport and physical activity.
Follow this link to our workshops and courses page.
Do you have concerns about a child or young person or has a disclosure been made to you about a young person?
If you believe a person or persons to be in danger;
- Call an ambulance & police
- Inform them that there may be a safeguarding issue
If you have a concern about poor practice or about someone please use the contacts below;
For information specific to Coventry, click here
024 7678 8555 Office Hours
024 7683 2222 Out of Hours
0121 788 4333 Office Hours
0121 605 6060 Out of hours
Click here for information on what to do and where to go if you have a concern in Warwickshire
01926 886922 Out of Hours – children
01926 412080 – Adult Social Care
Safeguarding – Useful links & Resources
- CPSU Resource Library click here
- Ann Craft Trust (adult safeguarding) click here
Childline – Childline Service
NSPCC – National Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to Children
Child Protection in Sport Unit – Resources and advice for Protecting Children in Sport