There are various offers of support for your school, below are links to partners, case studies, official guides and reviewing tools.
Think Active support for your school
We can offer guidance and best practice regarding the PE and School Sport Premium funding, how best to audit current provision, provide templates for website reports and work with schools on areas of PE and School Sport. As a result schools have been able to plan a sustainable approach in line with OFSTED recommendations when spending the funding, whilst allowing maximum impact of pupils’ participation and achievement. To request support please email Hannah.Milde@coventry.gov.uk
National Partner Support
Sports Coach UK – School Sport Coaching Guidance for Head Teachers
Association for PE – Lots of resources and guidance
Sport England Secondary Teacher Training – Active Partnerships briefing – Provides information about the programme and ask for your support to promote this huge funding opportunity for secondary schools.
Motor Activities Training Programme – MATP is a unique programme specifically designed for individuals with profound, multiple learning disabilities and complex health needs to gain access to meaningful physical activity and sport.
The Department of Education has put together a Regional Case Study document demonstrating how some schools have used their Primary PE and Sport Premium funding.
Key things to consider:
• Have you completed an audit of the current provision for PE and Sport at your school and how this links to needs of your students and the school community?
• Have you put information on how you are spending the new funding on your website in line with DfE requirements?
• Do you have a development plan for PE and Sport at your school which includes both curriculum PE, competitive and extra curriculum sport?
• Do you need help ensuring you are using quality coaches and that teachers are not being displaced in curriculum time?
• Do you need help in planning how to spend the Primary School Sport Premium effectively so the needs of your school community are met as well as Osted requirements?
• Do you need assistance in accessing relevant CPD for your staff around PE and Sport so the primary can have sustainable outcomes?